Writing a research paper has changed a lot over the years. Thanks to technological development, one no longer needs to go around libraries looking for knowledge or taking arduous notes day and night.- Types of Tools Used
While research is still strenuous and time-consuming, one can always avail of a research paper writing service to get the required help today. However, if you have time, you can also use tools that can help you curate an excellent research paper without any hassle.
In this article, we unearth some of the top software tools for researchers that will make it easier for them to perform and maintain their research.
Purpose of research tools
Research paper writing is not only about conducting research and writing. It involves managing several activities which require meticulous planning. One must locate the right resources, conduct research, write the proposal without errors, cite the sources appropriately, and so on. Also check out the blog on 3 simple tips to write an essay.
To accomplish such mammoth tasks manually can be disastrous and prone to error. However, it is not such an impossible feat thanks to online tools. Whatever may be the research topic, there is an online tool to help you organize your notes and credit sources, identify critical publications, interact with colleagues, and much more.
Essential tools for researchers
Research writing is usually divided into various stages, and each of these phases requires a set of tools to simplify the task. Here are the 6 types of research writing tools that you can use:
- Project management tools
- Grammar checker tools
- Reference management tools
- Plagiarism checkers
- Journal finder
- Social networking for academics
- Project management tools: These are used to track project progress, allocate resources, and collaborate. It includes making a hierarchical task list, tracking task completion, setting deadlines, developing an action plan, and allocating resources.
Trello and GanttPro are two of the most popular project management software.
- Trello: This tool organizes ideas by using cards, panels, and lists. It’s a straightforward system with a simple drag-and-drop card function. Users can list and schedule activities, set completion dates, and see progress percentages.
One can make many boards for various subjects, and Trello saves boards in the cloud and on the user’s profile. You can avail free and premium versions, depending on your requirements.
- GanttPro: It is a popular project management Gantt chart tool that enables the intuitive generation of schedules. One can try the trial version for free and upgrade it to a premium version. GanttPRO helps you divide important activities into minor jobs and calculate costs per task.
The tool is hosted in the cloud, making it available to all team members via any web browser.
- Grammar checker tools:- Types of Tools Used These are essential tools that help writers improve their content. It is used to detect grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and sentence-building mistakes, among other things.
Given the necessity of quality content, the internet is brimming with several grammar-checking tools that highlight the mistakes and present appropriate suggestions.
Grammarly and Trinka AI are the two most suggested grammar checker software for researchers.
- Grammarly: Types of Tools Used It is a well-known browser application that checks grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, context, and readability. Furthermore, it helps detect plagiarism in real-time. It comes in both a free and premium edition.
The free version provides basic spelling and grammatical checks and some recommendations. While the free version offers basic corrections and vocabulary enhancement ideas, the premium edition offers citation suggestions and can identify plagiarism.
- Trinka AI – This is the world’s first grammar and language improvement tool for academic and technical writing. It is a distinctive application that analyzes grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and offers explanations for rectifying errors. The free version provides complete access to all of its features.
And the paid edition includes unlimited usage, higher monthly restrictions, and access to the MS Word add-in. It lets you pick between the US and UK formatting, making it easily accessible to scholars all across the world.
- Reference management tools: These applications assist researchers in organizing the literature that is needed for research development. They enable you to organize papers and citations, detect duplicate entries, format the reference list, search and replace any reference, and so on.
Mendeley and EndNote are two of the most popular reference management applications available online.
- Mendeley- Types of Tools Used – It is a free reference management solution that can help you optimize your referral management overview. The tool supports Word (including Mac), LibreOffice, and OpenOffice. It enables you to save, organize, and search all your references in a single library while generating citations.
- Plagiarism checkers: This is an essential tool in academia that helps detect plagiarized content. Furthermore, they also assist in locating potential collaborations with scholars on the same subject.
Plagiarism checker software such as Duplichecker can help researchers discover plagiarism.
- Duplichecker – The tool displays the plagiarism percentage and underlines similar content in a list of sources. However, the tool does not build a full report. The free version allows you to check the word count up to 1000 words, but you will have to pay for texts longer than 1,000 words.
It only compares your work to Internet sources and books; therefore, it has limited database access. Finally, the plagiarism report is simple to understand and available in PDF and MS Word.
- Journal finder: One of the most common reasons for journal rejection is that the topic of the research does not fit the journal’s scope. To mitigate this problem, one can use journal search engines to select the appropriate journal for publishing their study.
These tools are extremely helpful in avoiding getting involved in a manuscript submission procedure that is incorrect. Enago Open Access Journal Finder (Enago OAJF) and Elsevier Journal Finder are two practical and dependable journal finder programs (Elsevier JF).
- Elsevier Journal Finder – The tool allows you to easily locate journals that are likely to be acceptable for your publication by entering the title and abstract of your work. It matches your paper to scientific journals using intelligent search technology and vocabulary suited to the corresponding research subject.
- Social networking for academics: Work networks are a terrific way to interact and foster remote collaboration. This allows researchers to increase their visibility in the scientific community, promote their study, and develop ties with other teams worldwide.
Academia.edu and ResearchGate are two of the most popular academic networks.
- ResearchGate – This free networking tool connects scientists and makes research accessible to anyone. Currently, over 20 million researchers from over 190 countries are collaborating and sharing their work on ResearchGate. It also enables engaging dialogues on the site with scholars.
- Academia.edu – This free website helps connect academics globally. Over 22 million articles and approximately 31 million academics professionals, and researchers are presently engaged on the platform.
It is possible to exchange knowledge through video, brief material, datasets, and so on. You can be notified when you are cited, referred, acknowledged as a co-author, or thanked for your assistance.
So, these are some online tools that help with research. You can find many such tools on the internet.
As a research paper writer, you’ll have to understand which tool works best for you and your research topic. Choose the best mix of tools if you want to derive the maximum benefit from this software. (trusted online pharmacy)
Most of these tools are simple and free to test but avoid attempting too many at once because it is easy to become distracted from the fluidity of the process of writing itself. Remember not to depend on the tools completely, but use them wisely to avoid errors.