If you are using the Strava app, you can follow these steps to delete your Strava account from the official site. Strava is an application that helps you track your physical exercises, so you can see how much progress you’ve made and how far you still have to go to achieve your goals.
Some users enjoy keeping track of their progress like this and don’t feel the need to delete their Strava account once they’ve achieved their goals. But others find it more helpful to remove the app altogether once they’re done with it.
So, today we will share how you can delete your Strava account permanently and without any option of opening your account back again later on. Read the below-given information to know about deleting your Strava account permanently and safely.
What Is Strava?
Strava is a mobile and web application that allows users to track their physical exercises and activities, connect with other athletes and share their data. The app comes in two versions:
- Strava for athletes, free of charge, and
- Strava for professional athletes, coaches, business owners, and fitness professionals. (Paid version)
Although you can use both versions of the app without signing up, you must create an account before using either one. Overall, Strava users can see where they rank compared to others on their activity level over time. You’ll need to start a free account with Strava to delete your account once you decide to do so.
Why Do You Want to Delete Strava Account?
If you want to delete your Strava account, here are a few reasons why. That will provide context for your reasoning.
According to their website, Strava is a social network for athletes, and because of that, you should do a bit of soul searching before deleting your account just because you feel like it or are looking for something else.
While Strava may not be what it was when you signed up, there is still value in being part of such a large community. Rather than wallowing in an app that never made sense, to begin with. It is come up with an alternative idea that may be easier to fill out or more beneficial in some way.
How to Delete Strava Account?
Many users have asked about how to delete their strava account. You can’t completely delete your Strava account, but there is a way to deactivate it. That is a good option if you only want to remove yourself from Strava temporarily.
According to the Stravas website, you can delete your account in the following ways. It’s a two-step process that isn’t too difficult if you follow these simple steps. To delete your account, head here:
- You’ll need a desktop browser or tablet/phone.
- Go to your verified email address, which is associated with your profile;
- Enter your password
- Activate two-factor authentication if you have it enabled for security reasons.
- Once you follow these steps, click Deactivate under Stopping Activity Feeds.
- Now remove All Personal Information in step two of deactivating your account.
What happens if anyone deletes his/her Strava Account?
It’s a bummer because you can’t delete your account without deleting all of your activities and all of your data, which isn’t easy. Some would say that it isn’t worth having such an account. And others are devoted users who use it for their fitness purposes and encourage others to do so.
Before having strava, you should know what will happen when you delete your Strava account. Many sites link to it, including training software and bike manufacturers’ websites like Schwinn Bikes or Sidi Cycling Shoes. They provide information on how well certain athletes use certain features of their products for marketing them.
How to unsubscribe or cancel your Strava membership?
It is really easy to cancel your Strava membership. Follow the instruction below:
- First, you will need to log into your account
- Then click on your name, located in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- When you have clicked on your name, there will be a drop-down box that will enable you to select My Settings. You can find it at the top right of the page.
- Then once you have clicked My Settings, scroll down until you see End Membership under the General settings category.
- Now click it.
- When that pops up, choose either 14 days or 1 month, depending on what applies to you.
- And then confirm by clicking Confirm. That’s it!
- Your strava membership will cancel as soon as possible so that nothing else adds to that.
Delete credit card info from a Strava account
If you’re tired of sharing your bank account details with yet another service and you want to delete your credit card from your Strava account, then you’re in luck. In that case, you don’t have to do anything.
Credit cards don’t require creating an account or logging into the platform. But some users may prefer a payment method just in case they want to subscribe later on.
Follow these steps if you ever want to remove or change credit card details from your profile:
- Sign in to your Strava account,
- Navigate over on the left side navigation bar
- Now click Settings in the top menu.
- Click on the profile located at the bottom of the page and scroll down to find the Credit Card section.
- After that, click the Delete button above section,
- Now enter the passcode and confirm changes.
- You successfully delete your credit card from your Strava account.
How to deactivate your Strava subscription on Android devices?
Though you can’t delete your Strava account on an Android device, you can cancel your Premium membership. To do so, follow the instruction below:
- Go to Settings,
- Then tap Account info.
- Tap Subscription Services at the bottom of your menu and cancel from there.
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can click here for step-by-step instructions for canceling your subscription via iTunes.
- Or you can do this by heading into Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store and tapping View Apple ID.
- From there, choose Manage next to Subscriptions
- Select Manage next to ‘Strava.’
- Scroll down and select Cancel Subscription.
How to Block Anyone on Strava?
Block anyone means you will be able to see activities and comments of your friend, but he won’t be able to see yours. So, if you have privacy concerns, blocking a person is a great way to protect yourself.
When you block someone on Strava, they won’t comment on your activities or see any information about you on their Activity Feed or Next page. Additionally, it will not notify them that they’ve been blocked from interacting with you in any way.
To make sure that blocking someone is what you want, here are some things that might help:
If your relationship with a person has become toxic and abusive (by either party), blocking them could put an end to it.
Application for deactivating an account
You will receive an email when your account is deactivated. If you think you deactivate your account by mistake, you have 30 days from receiving that email to appeal.
To submit a successful appeal, please provide all of the following:
- The reason why you believe your account was deactivated by mistake;
- A list of all other email addresses with which you are associated; and
- All information for any additional accounts under your control or possession
- That may include usernames, passwords, and any authentication tokens. Any missing information will delay or prevent an investigation into your appeal request.
FAQs on Delete Strava Account
Can I have 2 Strava accounts?
There are several reasons why you might want two accounts. Maybe you have a separate account for working out at home vs. on trips. Maybe you want one for more serious workouts and another for fun rides with friends and family.
Or maybe you have an account that’s linked to your work email address but want something more private, away from work emails, Facebook friend requests, and so on.
What is Starve App?
Starva is an app that tracks your physical exercises and uploads them onto a community of other users. One can use Starva to monitor their personal fitness goals (i.e., lose weight). Or simply for competitive purposes like comparing a particular run with another.
Users on Starva can view friends’ athletic accomplishments and make personal changes regarding their diet and exercise regime based on fellow athletes’ routines.
How safe is Strava?
Whether you’re an amateur athlete training for a 5K or a professional cyclist training for a major competition, you probably already know that apps can help you track your physical exercises. One such app is Strava.
Here’s what most people don’t know: many of these tracking apps make it possible for other users to view and see your exact location at any given time. It can be dangerous, especially when athletes compete in popular races or events where crowds congregate and line certain routes.
In some cases, competitors have come close to hurting each other during competitions because they didn’t realize another competitor was so close behind them! The result?
Conclusion on Delete Strava Account
In conclusion, you can link your Strava account to multiple devices, such as your bike, running shoes, and a GPS watch. If you don’t use Strava regularly, it may be time to delete your account and start fresh with new workouts and an updated fitness tracker that integrates with Strava or, even better, with Strava integrations. This article will help you to delete your Strava account.