If you are under 20, you are familiar with the TikTok app, indulging the youngest and their creativity. TikTok is currently the most downloaded application in the world, surpassing Instagram and Facebook. In this article, we will give you a complete guide about What is TikTok App?
If you are wondering what TikTok is, the answer is simple. It is a social network that allows its users to make fun and creative short-length videos. That ranges from one theme to another. Users can create new content or reinterpret scenes from a movie or TV series by imitating their favourite actors. Take a look at Kessy & Mely’s official profile on TikTok to find out in concrete what you can do and view on TikTok.
On Team World, we talked about this application a few years ago to talk about the merger with another app so loved by young people. Musical.ly changes its name and becomes Tik Tok starting from August 2018. If you want to retrace the evolution of TikTok, we invite you to read our old post. While you are interested in understanding what TikTok is, and how it works, how to use it. Please take a few minutes of your time to read this article.
What is the TikTok App
TikTok is an app halfway between a social network and social media created by a Chinese company called ByteDance. As we had the opportunity to tell in our old post, the app was born from Musical.ly. And has inherited several features from the latter. In reality, Musical.ly was acquired by the company that owns TikTok and in the rebranding operation. It was decided to keep the name of the previous application.
To understand what is the TikTok app, however, we need to give some examples. You know those short video clips where the person filmed by the camera only moves his mouth and seems to be imitating the background audio track? These are videos made with this app that has become very famous among teenagers. The great success of TikTok is perhaps due to its primary function, which is to create short synchronized videos. This allows young people to indulge themselves and express their creativity, creating fun and original clips.
How Works TikTok app
However, TikTok is not just social media. But it is very close to social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. Because it allows subscribers to build a following, have people to interact with. According to social networking experts. What is the TikTok app that will see its number of users grow further over the next year? This could push Instagram and Facebook to take “action.” For example, by replicating some TikTok functions in their application to avoid having users switch to the competing app. We will see what happens in this sense!
To use TikTok, you need to download the application from your smartphone store (the icon is coloured neon in the shape of a musical note on a black background). You can use the app even without being registered (in this case, you can see the profiles and videos published. You cannot interact with them – like or comment – and you cannot publish videos, to do this, you need to be registered).
TikTok works by default with public accounts, i.e., everything published on the platform (unless otherwise indicated after registering) will be visible to anyone, even non-subscribers who want to use the application only for entertainment (in fact, as if it were a social media). Once you have registered, you can change the privacy setting, make the account private (just as happens on other similar social networks), and ensure that the published videos are seen only by accepted followers.
How to use TikTok app
As you will have understood by reading the previous paragraph, you can use TikTok even if you are not subscribed to the app. By downloading the application, you can watch the videos shared by users of the social network who have a public account as a default. Everything they share will then be visible to you too. However, not being a member, the main limitation will be that of not publishing. If you intend to use the application to make videos and have fun publishing them, you will need to create an account on TikTok!
We have collected them for you in the following points:
- Immediate and non-binding feed: unlike other social networks, such as Instagram and Facebook, this application shows you the content posted by other users does not ask you to engage with “concrete” actions. What does this mean? That you can scroll through the application feed without sending requests to follow other accounts, leave likes or comments. The application will show you the trending videos or of the people in the vicinity of your position. Thanks to artificial intelligence software, it will try to learn your tastes even just by observing how long you will linger on one video rather than another.
- Interactions between “innovative” and original users: TikTok allows users to leave reactions, likes, and comments under the videos of other subscribers, as is usually the case in other social networks, but not only. The application encourages the creation of interactions between users in the form of videos: more than encouraging the classic comments between users, TikTok favours interaction with video responses to those published by creating a really original and atypical question and answer other social networks.
How to share the effects of TikTok with friends
If you’re wondering how to send a TikTok effect to your friends, you’ve come to the right place. This article explains how to share a TikTok effect with others and scan and save the TikCode of the effect.
Browsing the TikTok home, it may happen to see a video of a user who used a particularly nice or funny filter, or to find that filter you talked about with some friends *, but whose name you did not remember. It is now possible to send the TikTok effects on Whatsapp, Facebook, direct message, SMS, copy the link to paste it where you want, and scan the code from one phone to another or save the scannable code in the phone gallery. This way, you can share your favourite effects with friends and always have them handy when you want to record a video containing just that effect.
How to send TikTok effects to friends
Sending effects to friends via WhatsApp, direct message, Facebook … it’s effortless. All you have to do is:
- Click on the filter you want to send (attention: the filter must be present in an already published video, you cannot do it from the list of pre-published effects).
- Click on the arrow at the top right.
- Select the social network through which you want to send it or click on “copy link” to copy the link and paste it where you prefer.
How to scan the effect code
TikTok also gives the possibility to scan the code to open the filter on the phone directly. To do this, click on “TikCodice,” and this screen opens: at this point. You can scan it or save the code on your device, which will be saved as an image in your gallery.
Also Read: How To Find Frequency
ATTENTION: To be able to send effects with friends following one of these modes. You need to update TikTok to the latest version available.
Most famous TikTokers in the world
Who are the most famous TikTokers in the world? – here are the names, nationalities, number of followers. And a year of birth of the most followed users on TikTok, the social network of the moment.
TikTok is an application that allows you to make short videos of different types ( POV, comedy, acted, choreography, educational … ) and rewards the originality and creativity of users. Who can express themselves freely and share their talents with the Community, their abilities, and their personality? In this atmosphere, with the exponential growth of social media in the world. Some creators’ popularity has also grown, who day after day have gained more and more followers (and fans!).
Also Read: Google Home Mini Price
The most famous Tiktokers globally are almost all American TikTokers, except Riyaz Aly, from India. The most followed are Charli D’Amelio and his sister Dixie, Bella Poarch (who is also the author of the video with the most views ever on TikTok: more than 566 million views video on “M to the B”). Addison Rae, Spencer X, and Zach King.
The most famous TikTokers
Here is the list of the most famous TikTokers in the world, their nationality, and their birth year.
- Charli D’Amelio: 107 million followers, USA, class of 2004.
- Addison Rae: 75 million followers, USA, born in 2000.
- Beautiful Poarch: 54 million followers, USA, born in 1997.
- Zach King: 54 million followers, USA, born in 1990.
- Spencer X: 51 million followers, USA, born in 1992.
- Loren Gray: 50 million followers, USA, class of 2002.
- Dixie D’Amelio: 48 million followers, USA, class of 2001.
- Michael Le: 44 million followers, USA, born in 2000.
- Riyaz Aly: 43 million followers, India, born in 2003.
- Brent Rivera: 35 million followers, USA, born in 1998.
- Noah Beck: 24 million followers, USA, class of 2001.
Also Read: Most Expensive Lego Set
Are there private profiles on TikTok App?
The answer is yes; you can choose whether to have a public profile. Everyone has access to or a private one that only authorized people can access in practice, similar to how it happens on Instagram. If we have a private profile, the contents will only appear in the “For you” section of those we have previously authorized. Instead, and you have a public profile, our content will appear in the “For you” of other users. Those who want to accumulate followers usually opt for an open profile to have more visibility.
Also Read: Most Liked Video on Youtube
Who can access the TikTok App?
Anyone over the age of 13, parents should ensure that younger children do not access the app. By inserting this limit, TikTok disclaims any responsibility. And does not screen content that is not suitable for an underage audience. If you are under the age of 16, your content will not be automatically shown in anyone’s “For you” section.
Is this app safe?
The answer is not unique; little reassuring news has come out about the many vulnerabilities discovered by various researchers’ groups. ByteDance was quick to release a corrected version. The US government claims that the Chinese government uses the app to spy on users. If you are a parent and have minor children, know that in general, the TikTok community is very inclusive and rarely rewards violent, diseducational, or dangerous videos. Also, there is censorship in the service.
Also Read: What is NFC On Phone
Many young people love Tik Tok because it is a place to laugh at oneself and others without malice, learn a healthy self-irony, get involved without filters, and perhaps learn to overcome shyness. Obviously, as on any social network, kids run risks. So parents have to monitor the contacts between their children and third parties, especially if adults.
How to go to TikTok for you
TikTok content is organized into two main sections: “Followed” and “For you.” Among the following, you can find the videos of the accounts you have chosen to follow. While in the For you section, the contents most appreciated by users are indicated and which. According to the TikTok algorithm, it has a good chance of becoming viral. There are no set rules for a video to end up in For You. However, you can follow some tips to increase the chances of this happening.
- First of all, you should create and share original and captivating content accompanied by the following hashtags: #perte #fyp #foryou #foryoupage #fup #neiperte #xte.
- Secondly, you can encourage other users’ interactions by inviting them to comment and share your content via private messages or through other social apps, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, and Messenger.
- Plus, putting trending songs and audios in your videos could end up in TikTok’s highly rated viral feeds. You are increasing your chances of going to For You.
- Why is the For You section important? If your video ends up in the foreground, you will have a great chance to quickly increase your profile’s likes, views, and followers by gaining popularity.