When we talk about sharpening images, we usually mean improving the details in the picture as well as removing blur. This procedure is familiar to all photographers. Usually, we need to sharpen out-of-focus images, which can be caused by movement or camera shake. In that case, one of the best options for post-processing is Luminar Neo. This AI image sharpener offers unique retouching tools that will make it easy for you to achieve the desired result. Another advantage of this software is its easy-to-use interface, which will be understood not only by pros but also by beginners. Of course, there are a lot of interesting and worthwhile photo editing applications, including those for removing blur. Our today’s top is just about that. Let’s begin.
Photoshop has many tools for photo processing, including sharpening images. It is one of the most popular applications, but it will be quite difficult for newcomers. If you decide to use it as your first photo editor, you will have to study a lot of material or take a simpler path by choosing other software from our list.
However, if you are already familiar with many photo editing apps and consider yourself an advanced user, then Photoshop is one of the best options.
- synchronization and sharing capability;
- support for a large number of file formats;
- effective removal of blurring from images;
- a wide range of tools for post-processing any photo at a professional level.
- high skill level is required for successful use (not suitable for beginners);
- stable work of the software is ensured only on a high-performance PC.
This application will be a worthy (and most importantly free) replacement for Photoshop. It will be great for users of any level, even those who work with this kind of software for the first time. You can adjust the images to your taste and, of course, sharpen them if necessary. You are able to choose the radius of sharpness from 0.1 to 0.8 and the sharpness level up to 500%. There are also ready-to-use combinations. This app is definitely worth your attention!
- advanced Image Editing Tools;
- good software optimization;
- suitable for old PC models;
- RAW files support.
- limited functionality;
- sometimes can have bugs.
This photo sharpening tool is suitable for users who need to remove motion and focus blur quickly. The feature of this application is the deconvolution technology, which restores photos with heavy blurring. It can also make blurred text readable. If you’re a newcomer, you can get excellent results with the default settings. But if you’re an experienced user, adjust the settings to your preferences and make your images perfect.
- user-friendly interface;
- ideal for beginners;
- deconvolution technology for fast and high-quality blur removal.
- is only suitable for Windows OS;
- compared to its analogs has fewer functions for photo processing.
VanceAI Image Sharpener
This application will easily improve the sharpness level of your images, no matter why the problem occurred. Thanks to AI technology and the Unblur feature, the sharpness in your photos will be restored and the details will be improved. The VanceAI Image Sharpener will give your images a professional look and correct defocus. An indisputable advantage is the ease of use, which means the software is perfect for beginner photographers. Another nice detail is the online use of the tool, for which you do not have to pay.
- using AI technology for stunning results;
- precise and accurate correction of the image;
- user-friendly interface and online use;
- free access.
- lack of tools for manual editing.
Focus Magic is a photo sharpening application that uses expert deconvolution technology to effectively deal with blur. It’s great for blurry, out-of-focus, and old images because it easily corrects defects caused by camera shake. The main feature is the ability to switch the depth of field and move the focus to any object no matter where it is in the picture, both foreground, and background. Another reason to take a closer look at this software is that it is used even in large well-known organizations, law enforcement agencies, as well as military and intelligence agencies.
- a large selection of tutorials to help you use the application in the most successful way;
- effective tools for sharpening any image;
- simple and user-friendly interface;
- popular with many well-known organizations.
- not suitable for complex editing, narrow specialization of the software;
- there is no tech support.
To summarize, sharpening apps can help you get the results you want and improve the quality of your images. It is very important to enhance your photos because they can be more appealing to others. Now that you are familiar with the best photo-sharpening applications, you can try them yourself. In addition, you can explore all the distinctive features that each product tool offers.