NCES claims about 47% of US students study in colleges by only attending online classes. Experts also note the growing popularity of e-learning in the extracurricular training courses branch. Such trends led to the global education software development industry progressing dramatically. So, let’s look closer at the key tendencies in the mentioned sector.
Most Widespread Education Software Features
The first thing often noted about an app is its user-friendly design. Reputable development agencies like Keenethics strive to create a visually attractive application appearance and make easy-to-navigate interfaces. All that essentially enhances user experience. As a result, your educational software is liked by more students.
Integration of Gamification
FinancesOnline reports that, 50% of business transformation strategies fail because of poor worker inclusion. Gamified training, in turn, can essentially improve employee engagement. The following statistics prove that:
- game-based education increases the productivity of workers by up to 50%;
- using gamification in employee training increases engagement by 60%;
- eight out of ten US workers consider gamified training more engaging than the ordinary one.
College and university students can also benefit from gamification in educational apps. Analysts state that gamified functions improve learners’ performance by almost 35%.
Adaptive Learning Implementation
Each student has a different initial knowledge level and learnability. That’s why adapting the training process to user abilities is incredibly popular in modern education software development. Adaptive learning allows for providing students with more relevant educational experience. This can significantly enhance the educational process.
Knowledge Assessment Features
Skills evaluation can be an integral part of an education application or a stand-alone solution. In the first case, current knowledge level assessment allows for adjusting the learning process depending on the student’s progress. Knowledge assessment apps as independent solutions are usually employed in the following instances:
- when checking the knowledge of new employees after onboarding;
- for exams, certifications, etc. (is employed by colleges, universities, schools, training course firms);
- as a part of checking the knowledge of existing workers after they’ve gone through upskilling.
Assessment software helps to discover gaps in the knowledge of individual employees and evaluate the general qualifications of whole departments or companies.
Education Software Safety
Today’s training applications require users to specify quite a lot of personal details, like the following ones:
- payment information when purchasing subscriptions or courses online;
- contacts (phone number, email address, etc.) within the registration process;
- first and second names, date of birth, country, and so on, as part of certificate issuance.
Advanced encryption protocols and features like multifactor authentication protect students’ private information. Furthermore, reputable education software development companies integrate anti-web-scraping features into their products.
As a part of digital solution creation, reputable app-makers use advanced technologies like AI/ML to make the learning process more relevant and personalized and cloud computing to avoid purchasing and maintaining stationary servers to store app data. Also, they may use blockchain to enhance security and improve the transparency of issuing certificates by decentralizing test checking.
For example, you may get further details about the technologies mentioned at keenethics.com.