Reverse engineering is basically one of the biggest possible security and business risk which is available in the industry. This particular problem very well provides the malicious hackers with the perfect opportunity of getting easy accessibility to the proprietary source code along with data format so that things are sorted out very easily and ultimately there is no chance of any kind of problem. In addition, to information security risk the business risk will also be significantly increased in this particular case which is the main reason that people need to have a good understanding of the best practices to eliminate the problem of Reverse engineering.
Some of the basic practices to be followed by the organisations are explained as follows:
- Application of the integrity control: The development of the best possible method which will be helpful in supporting the protection from Reverse engineering is very much important and ultimately focusing on integrity control is the need of the hour. This particular system will be definitely helpful in providing people with the right kind of systems in the whole process to avoid any kind of issues.
- Obfuscation of the code:Another very important point to be taken into consideration in this particular case is to obfuscate the code element without any kind of doubt so that people will be able to have a good command over the control flow in a very unintelligible form and the further best part is that things will be sorted out very easily right from the very beginning.
- Stripping and renaming: removing the non-use program symbols from the application binary is considered to be a good idea in this particular case so that everyone will be able to understand the simple names right from the very beginning and irrelevant naming elements will be sorted out without any kind of problem throughout the process.
- Encryption: Encrypting the application to the best possible level is considered to be a great idea in this particular case because it will be helpful in making sure that application installation will become easy and further, there will be no chance of any kind of problem. Having a good command over the replacement things as reasons with the garbage code when not in use is definitely a good idea and replacing it with the original coding element whenever in use is definitely important to avoid any kind of problem throughout the process.
- Dealing with the jailbreak detection: Determining if the mobile device is being rooted or jailbroken throughout the process is very much important so that there is no chance of any kind of issues and ultimately things are sorted out very successfully throughout the process.
It is very much important for people to keep in mind that all the above-mentioned points are not to be implemented in a single step and ultimately moving with the right planning and strategy formulation is very much important to avoid any kind of chaos. Having a good hold over the fundamental practises associated with how to protect app from reverse engineering is very much important so that intellectual property and another associated business aspect will be protected very easily.