Programmatic advertising isn’t for every marketer and brand. That’s the most common misconception which massively altered the course of the mobile marketing industry in the past decades. But now that marketers are standing at a standstill with a limited number of media partners in view, programmatic advertising has found a new intrigue. It offers an unlimited pool of opportunities for brands, allowing them to tap into an audience that cannot be otherwise touched with paid marketing and affiliate marketing campaigns. In addition, programmatic advertising also allows marketers to enrich their campaigns with a new flavor of creativity and automation that comes as a part and parcel of working with experienced publishers, and global-scale DSP networks. In short, there’s a new world of possibilities awaiting strategic marketers in the DSP space. All it takes is the right DSP partner and mobile marketing platform to support to your marketing efforts. So, in this article, we give you a brief rundown of what is mobile demand side platform, why they should matter to you, and how should you pick the right one for the job. Let’s dig right into it!
From the Beginning: What is Mobile Demand Side Platform?
Demand Side Platforms (DSPs) are server-based software that allow business owners, or app developers to bid and buy ad inventories from publishers spread across the internet, through a single dashboard that measures all the data exchanges. While monitoring their campaigns on DSPs, marketers can keep track of multiple KPIs, including Cost Per Install (CPI), Cost per Mile (CPM), and even Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) in real-time. The insights recorded by DSP software help marketers optimize their campaigns as per bidding costs of ad inventories, audience responses, and market fluctuations. With such a great amount of flexibility at hand, brands can effectively increase their marketing ROI by choosing the amount of time, capital, and resources invested in their paid campaigns. But there’s more! Here are some other reasons that can make ‘that’ list of demand side platforms more palpable for you:
- Reach a Wider Audience: Limiting your user acquisition strategies to the big three media platforms – social media, ad networks, and alternate PPC platforms – can leave you sieving through the dust. With DSPs, you can reach out to the users exclusive to the web and app, connecting with them at various stages of the sales funnel for better conversion rates.
- Experiment with New Content: Publishers work in closer proximity with your target audience, giving them a strategic perspective on what’s new in consumer trends. You can leverage their industry experience by collaborating with them for ad copies, and content promotion ideas.
- Redefine Marketing Workflows: While you go into the depths of user acquisition channels with DSP software, you can also reconsider the different touchpoints of a customer’s journey, making it personalized to each segment of users.
3 Tips to Choose Your Right Mobile Demand Side Platform
All mobile demand side platform review are propelled by marketer’s concern over data and the procedures to record, assess or infer it. Here are the top three of those to help you make an informed decision:
- All Things Tech and Business: Your marketing models are bound to change with each campaign. You may be running an assortment of CPI, CPA, and CPM campaigns at a single time, for which you may need advanced data assessment procedures, like predictive modeling, marketing analytics, incrementality, and so much more. Your DSP of choice should be ready to grow with your business.
- Protection for Data and Your Brand: One common feature of all top mobile DSPs is data privacy. They are compliant with the latest data protection regulations followed worldwide, and host sophisticated technology to process sensitive information. In addition, the right DSP also boasts of software that prevents ad publication on malevolent websites and keeps a precise account of campaign KPIs.
- Active Anti-Fraud Features: Every mobile demand side platform review should begin with an assessment of the anti-fraud features provided by the software. You should have the transparency to identify, separate, and prohibit fraudulent activities conducted by publishers. Another add-on feature to seek is marketing automation which allows for seamless relay of fraud data to and from the DSP platform.
Putting it Together
Even if you’re picking from the top mobile DSPs in the market, it is always best to evaluate the benefits offered by their partnerships as per the standards you’ve set for your marketing campaigns, and by extension, your brand. Aim to receive a holistic solution from your DSP software, one that entails dedicated customer support, technological edge, and the dynamicity of innovation. Run your list of demand side platforms from the checklist given above to see if it stands up to industry standards. For the next steps, feel free to connect with a Trackier expert over a free consultation!