Did you know that your small business can generate tons of leads with text messaging with just a virtual SMS number from providers like Freeje?
A lot of companies spend so much in building their email lists despite an open rate of an average of 15 to 20 percent. And that number is already considered great.
We’re not saying that it’s not working anymore because even today, businesses can generate millions in sales with just one email sequence.
But as any smart entrepreneur knows, the surest way to success is exploring every potential income-generating avenue. And there are many ways for you to make a bank with SMS.
Why has this been overlooked?
Remember how email marketing used to work like crazy when it first came out? Everyone was excited every time they received an email.
Well, that’s pretty much why SMS works so well right now. Although it’s a fairly old tech that we’ve been using for decades, it’s making a comeback.
A lot of communication has shifted to online now, and people aren’t texting as much as they used to because:
- People don’t just give out their numbers anymore.
- Texting is now mostly reserved for more urgent concerns because the alternative instant messaging is free.
- Only a person’s innermost circle usually knows their number.
So now, you have an opportunity. The question now is whether you’ll grab the opportunity or not.
Why choose SMS to make money?
There are a lot of reasons why it’s the perfect solution for starting businesses:
- Everyone with a phone receives texts. Unlike with online instant messaging, you don’t have to be connected to the internet. So for as long as their phone is on and it’s not blocked, rest assured that they’ll receive it.
- 90% of texts are opened in 5 minutes. And that’s the biggest hurdle with marketing: getting your message noticed. That won’t be a problem with SMS.
- Everyone looks at their phone all the time. So even if they’re not expecting anything from you, they’ll still see that you sent them something.
- Your clients want to receive offers from you. Your loyal patrons don’t want to miss out on a great deal. And they’d love to hear it from your first-hand.
- There’s implicit trust. As mentioned, people just don’t give out their numbers. So if someone’s in your SMS list, they did it on their own and are willingly receiving messages from you.
Most importantly, this solution is way cheaper than online or even print marketing. For just cents per message, it will be very easy for you to make your investment back.
SMS marketing: a money-making venture for small businesses
Ready to get started? Here are a few ways that you can start making money with your business just by texting:
- Offer discounts
Everyone loves a great deal, even those who aren’t your biggest fans. Even with email, discount sequences convert the best. So imagine how great it would work with SMS!
This is a great way to gain new customers as well because once you get them to buy from you, it’s easier to have them do it again.
2. Run contests
Contests have always been effective. One irresistible offer that generates a lot of new leads can just be what it takes to get your business to the next level.
3. Grow your email list
If you’re at a point that sending email blasts makes financial sense for your business, this is a great opportunity to get your subscribers’ email.
Usually, you’ll have to offer a freebie of some sort to get them to sign up.
Text marketing benefits
If you aren’t yet convinced how it will benefit you, these will convince you otherwise:
- It’s quick to set up
With online marketing, you have this long and usually complicated sales funnel. And setting up everything takes weeks, if not months.
But text marketing is the exact opposite. Get their attention in 160 characters or less, then send. Then, you’re done.
2. It’s direct
Even with the existence of more advanced apps, people still check their text message app several times a day. And unless the receiver marks it as spam, they’ll receive it along with more personal SMS messages on their phone.
3. You get to analyze data
And because people will likely read your message right away, you can start with the analysis. This allows you to act right away and tweak your message should you want to send another one the next day.Want to reap the benefits of SMS marketing? Get started by buying a virtual SMS number. Freeje makes it easy for you to purchase a number for your business. Just download their app from Freeje at Google Playstore, buy one using their app, and create a whole new revenue flow for your company.