Outsourcing is the transfer of work on non-core services by a company to a third-party contractor, an individual, a group of individuals, or another company. For example, if you are developing programs for mobile phones, it makes no sense for you to maintain a team of artists and modelers since their services are quite expensive and not always needed. It is much easier to turn to third-party professionals to delegate these functions, so it is worth talking about this in more detail.
More about outsourcing – pros, cons, and how to make a choice
Do not confuse outsourcing with outstaffing and freelancing. Freelancing is hiring a private specialist, outstaffing is almost the same, but the specialist is hired in a specialized company. The difference between all three concepts is not too significant, the only difference is that with outsourcing a contract is concluded between two companies, the condition of which is to complete the task on time in exchange for a certain fee.
Art outsourcing – pros and cons
If you’re looking for a 3D art outsourcing company, you should keep in mind some pros and cons of such cooperation.
- Saving your budget. There are no global statistics on this issue, but in general, the outsourcing model saves an average of about 30% of the money. In addition, there is no need to create a new material base and pay regular salaries, bonuses, and so on.
- Getting rid of social obligations. You hire a third-party company, and it is the company that should take care of its employees, while you will simply pay for getting a certain result.
- Independence from circumstances. The contract has been signed and the work will be completed on time. All problems are taken care of by the outsourcing company.
- Improving the quality of non-core services. There is no need to create a narrowly focused branch for your company from scratch, you can hire a company of professionals with experience, the necessary knowledge, and a material base.
- Focus on the essentials. By delegating some services to other companies, you can focus on the core direction of your company.
- Dependencies. Without creating new divisions in your company, you will find yourself in constant dependence on third-party contractors.
- Bad faith. Before choosing an outsourcing company, it is necessary to carefully study the company. We will talk about this in more detail.
- Disclosure of confidential information. One of the most striking examples of recent years – the consulting company Novaestrat leaked the data of millions of Ecuadorians to the network. You should protect yourself with separate clauses in the contract.
These pros and cons are generally suitable for absolutely any outsourcing company, regardless of what you do and what kind of services you need.
How to choose a quality art outsourcing company?
When choosing a 3D art outsourcing company, you should pay attention to some criteria:
- Design of the company’s website. The first thing you will see is the website of the company itself. How can you trust someone to create art for you if their site looks tasteless, cheap, or even creepy?
- Reputation. This is pretty easy to check. Read reviews and about what those who have worked with the company think about it. Has this company deceived anyone before, violated the terms of the contract, and performed its duties poorly? (fogodeminas.com) All this cannot be kept secret, and it is not worth cooperating with such a company.
- Find examples of studio work. Usually, they are added to one section of the site. This will allow you to objectively evaluate the quality of the company’s services.
- Did you choose a particular company? Contact the representatives of this company and ask your questions – how much the cost of the service is, in what terms are they performed, and who exactly will perform the work? There is usually nothing to hide with a good company, and they will be willing to sign a contract on your terms and ready to let you know who will be doing the job for you.
Spend more time thinking about this issue, as your choice of company will directly affect the quality of the work and the results you will receive.